Website Univerzita Karlova
Přírodovědecká fakulta UK otevírá výběrové řízení na 8 PhD pozic na Geografické sekci v rámci programu STARS. Uzávěrka přihlášek je 15. 3. 2018.
Další info již v angličtině:
STARS is a program supporting talented PhD students at the Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague. The aim of this program is to provide excellent education and an adequate income to PhD students of the Faculty. The STARS program wants to attract the best students from the Czech Republic as well as from abroad. Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, is a top-quality centre of research in natural sciences. The Faculty takes care about its future and that’s why the STARS program was born. Come to Prague and become the future of our Faculty!
January 15, 2018
PhD research topics and application form will be available.
March 16, 2018
Deadline for application
October 1, 2018
Start of the program
Am I eligible?
The STARS program is open to all applicants who hold a master‘s degree or equivalent in sciences, medicine, pharmacology and a related field of study. It is also open to students who are in the last year of their studies and will be able to present their degree diploma at the beginning of their PhD study. The candidate should be proficient in English; however, no formal English exam (such as TOEFL) is required.
How can I apply?
- Future changes in seasonal snowpack and impacts on spring and summer runoff in mountain areas
- Reconstructing the central sector of the Cordilleran Ice Sheet
- Rapid wastage of the northwestern Laurentide Ice Sheet as the main contribution to the Meltwater Pulse 1A
- Impact of border processes on socioeconomic development in border regions in Central Europe
- Sustainability of sanitation behaviour change in low- and middle-income countries
- Contemporary changes of social milieu within the post-socialist suburbs
- Public food procurement in Czechia: from theory to practice
- Geodemographic aspects of the take-up and provision of selected healthcare services in Czechia for selected groups of patients
How are candidates selected?
The program is competitive. The supervisors of the individual PhD projects will shortlist eligible applicants, who will then be invited for an interview to be held during the month of March. The exact interview dates will be agreed between the supervisors and the candidates. Based on the interviews, the applicants to whom the scholarship will be offered will be selected in the beginning of April. The program starts on October 1st.