Website Urban Confort
We are a start-up consultancy company in the field of urban environmental engineering based in Prague, Czech Republic. We work on providing technical solutions to city planners and urban developers to identify and mitigate the problem of urban heat islands and make cities resilient to extreme heat events. We do this by:
- Analysing satellite and spatial data for cities using earth observation and GIS tools
- Simulating the urban microclimate using the simulations software suite: SOLENE-microclimate
- Background in engineering, scientific or technical fields (preference to civil engineering / architectural engineering / urban design / urban planning / energy engineering / environmental engineering or a related technical field).
- Basic knowledge of programming (knowledge and experience in Python is most suitable)
- Basic 3D modeling skills in AutoCAD is preferred
- Basic working knowledge of GIS tools such as QGIS, ArcMap, or any other tools is preferred.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial startup environment.
- Can work independently with good efficiency at the same time is able to cooperate with a team.
- Works with respect, good ethics, diversity, and professionalism.
- Good writing, communication, and presentation skills in English (other languages are a plus).
- Willingness to relocate to and work from our office in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Willingness to travel for conferences and networking events (once the Covid-19 situation is back to normal for traveling).
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- You will get a first-hand experience with engineering entrepreneurship and an opportunity to learn how an early-stage start-up works.
- We are in the Copernicus Accelerator, which is a European initiative to promote start-ups who are working with space technology, so you can benefit from this experience.
- You will have the opportunity to learn how to develop new technical tools, solutions and innovations for clients based on remote sensing techniques and urban climate simulations.
- We believe that mistakes are opportunities to learn so there is no need to be afraid.
- We frequently participate in conferences and networking events for networking and R&D based conferences. We encourage interns to find and take part is such events.
- You will have an intern / part-time worker pay of around 500 EUR/ 13,000 CZK per month + travel expenses for networking events.
- Minimum 6 months internship with a possibility for a full time work.
- Prague is a beautiful city to live in. People here can speak English and it is very easy to fall in love with it.
HOW TO APPLY
- Selected candidates should be able to start working with us immediately. It is important to note that the purpose of this internship is to train you to use technical software for remote sensing and urban climate simulations and python programming.
- If interested, please send your CV and Cover Letter explaining your skills, motivation and past experiences (if any) to the following email and we will get in touch with you for an interview. email@example.com
- Please mention “APPLICATION FOR ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP” in the subject of your email.
- We hope to see you in our team soon!