We are developing world leading game-based military simulations for major NATO powers and their allies. We are constantly looking for ways to advance the whole industry, using the latest technologies and trends (such as whole world simulation, virtual reality and motion tracking).
BISim GIS Analyst. Will work under the direction of database manager to lead the development of terrain products, provide subject matter expertise in TerraSim software products, and to supervise and guide junior database group staff in their daily activities.
The GIS Analyst supports BISim / TerraSim product development by providing software design recommendations, software testing, software documentation, customer training, and customer support. They are generally familiar with all TerraSim products including TerraTools and the source data preparation (SDP) products (MaterialMAP, DEMTools, RoadMAP, and Xtract). GIS Analysts will also specialize in certain terrain export formats (ex. VBS or OneSAF) and/or certain SDP tools.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Terrain construction for external contracts or internal projects
- TerraSim product testing, documentation, customer training, and customer support
- Efficiently carry out tasks given by manager
- Build terrain databases to given specifications
- Interact with clients to ensure project goals are met
- Guide and mentor junior staff
- Participate in planning and design for new software features
- Test and document new and updated software features
- Provide prompt, accurate, and thorough technical support
- Follow documentation and reporting standards
- Teach training courses
- Attend trade shows to effectively demonstrate TerraSim products
- 3+ years of 3D terrain generation experience
- BS or higher in Geography with a focus on GIS, remote sensing, or BS in 3D Art or Game Design with significant terrain development experience
- Experience of various GIS source data types, formats, datums and protections
- Experience using GIS and remote sensing software (ArcGIS, Global Mapper, Imagine) for significant geospatial source data creation and editing projects or experience with 3D modeling and image manipulation software for use in 3D terrain generation projects
- Experience and aptitude using scripting languages (Python, Perl, Tcl)
- Ability to run through detailed software test procedures and coordinate with software engineering team to debug software issues
- Proficiency in technical documentation writing
- Game engine experience: VBS3/VBS4/VBS Blue IG, Unity, Unreal, Prepar3D, etc.
- Constructive simulation experience: OneSAF, JCATS, CTDB, etc.
- 3D Terrain Database Development Tools experience: TerraTools, Terra Vista, Trian Graphics or equivalents
- 3D data interchange formats: 3D Tiles, CDB, OpenFlight, FBX, etc.
- Exposure to developing and employing terrains and/or GIS products for Defense applications
- Exposure to the Defense simulation and training market
- Diverse, challenging, yet fun work environment with real-life applications.
- Opportunity to use your skills even outside of your role, with the option to grow outside of your role.
- Ability to influence how we do things and have a direct impact on our products.
- Work with and learn from talented colleagues.
- Full-time employment with a competitive salary.
- 5 weeks vacation per year and 3 sick days.
- Various benefits, such as fully paid meal vouchers, Multisport card or Flexipass
- We don’t offer just a job, we want to give you the opportunity to grow, and to move the simulation market forward.
Chcete-li požádat o tuto pozici, prosím navštivte bisimulations.bamboohr.com.