Pracovní nabídka: Junior Terrain Developer
Sháníte práci v Praze? Pak se podívejte na velmi zajímavou nabídku společnosti Bohemia Interactive Simulations, která vyvíjí simulátor VBS3 pro (nejen) vojenské operace. A protože jednou z podmínek práce v mezinárodním týmu je angličtina, tak přikládáme původní znění pracovní nabídky.
Junior Terrain Developer (CZ)
BISim Prague is seeking an experienced Terrain Developer to support 3D terrain database development for training applications and contract services. The Junior Terrain Developer assists with collecting, creating and editing geospatial data and then using the data to develop realistic and precise 3D environments for simulation, training and internal testing purposes. They will also help develop and test advanced new technologies to improve BISim’s terrain production capabilities. Candidates will process and generate 3D terrain data using the proprietary tools Visitor4 and TerraTools. As required, 3rd party tools such as ESRI ArcGIS and GlobalMapper will be used to prepare and edit data. Scripting may be needed at times for task automation of large scale data prep tasks. Candidates will populate the terrains with features from a model library and work with the Art Department for new asset creation as required. In addition to database generation services, candidates will also support the Programming Department’s efforts to develop new terrain technologies by providing sample terrains and test cases. Candidates are expected to show thorough problem solving skills and must be able to clearly articulate issues to the programming team. Candidates are expected to understand GIS and have some understanding of the 3D art asset creation processes, as well as possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Skills and Experience:
- Broad knowledge and experience in applied GIS
- Demonstrated ability to inspect, edit, and manipulate geospatial data types for use in a 3D application (elevation, remote sensor imagery, and vector data) using any GIS software package
- Experience in creating or modifying basic scripts used to produce or modify output (any language)
- Understanding of basic 3D modeling concepts
- Ability to determine needs and communicate requirements to other departments to complete projects
- Ability to work and communicate with other BISim developers to resolve issues and improve processes
- Proficiency in any programming or scripting language
- Familiarity with VBS or Arma products and experience creating game modifications
- Experience using bug reporting software like JIRA or Bugzilla
- Degree or equivalent practical experience in GIS
- A varied, interesting and fun working environment.
- 25 days paid holiday, sick days
- An opportunity to be part of a fast growing, multi-national organization that is at the leading edge of gaming and simulation technology.
- The possibility of a year-end bonus based on performance.